L-Carnitine by RSP
L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid that plays an essential role in converting fat into a usable energy source, by enabling the body to use fat as fuel.
L-Carnitine supplementation promotes increased metabolism and workout performance. Clinical trials of supplement L-Carnitine have yielded consistently positive results in terms of self-reported physical and mental fatigue, ability to exercise and improvements in body composition.
Taking L-Carnitine is known to improve the following:
- Prevent oxidative stress that leads to long term health problems such as cardiovascular disease, chronic inflammation and diabetes
- High intensity workout capacity
- Better brain function
- Speed recovery from intense exercise
- Fat burning, because it's responsible for the transport of fats into cells to be used as energy in the body.
- Fights visceral body fat, one of the toughest to lose once you have it, that causes many health issues. Raising your carnitine levels fights visceral fat gain because it increases fat burning. This in effect takes triglycerides and low-density lipoproteins out of the system so they don't build up causing high cholesterol and atherosclerosis (hardening and narrowing of arteries due to a build-up of cholesterols, fats, and other substances on the inside of arterial walls).
L-Carnitine supplementation can indeed have a modest effect on weight loss when combined with a healthy portion controlled diet.